Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Christmas in July

Hey Everyone!!
Christmas in July??!!
I know, you are all probably thinking...what is this crazy lady talking about. But it's true!! Today's posting consists of all Christmas cards. I haven't pulled out any of my Christmas stamps or paper in soooo long that it was really fun.

This first set of cards is for a challenge over at Christmas Cards All Year Round. I teach at the same store as one of the designers (Hey Colleen!!) so I thought I would show my support and play along. This months challenge is "anything goes". So here's my take :


Aren't these little penguins adorable??!! I thought so.





Quick and simple. But hey, when you make as many Christmas cards as I do, there is bound to be a few simple layouts??!! :)

And on to Part 2 :
This next card is for the current challenge at Blogabella. I haven't even laid eyes on this stamp since last December. (that's how barried my Christmas stamps get. Lol) But anyways, I like how it turned out :
I even flocked the white trim on the clothes!! Too cute!!


Quick Tip :
Have you ever stamped an image that you wanted to color with your Copic markers, and it hasn't turned out very clear?
Well, that's what happened to me today. So I thought I would share my solution - just in case you don't know... there is something called a Copic Multiliner - best thing in the world!!
I used it to fill in the missing stamp lines :
Voila!! It's super thin so I can use it on almost all of my stamped images. Love it!!

Here is a picture of the Copic colors I used today :
Well, I hope you enjoyed my cards and a little quick tip!! Hope I have inspired you to dust off the 'ol Christmas supplies and get creating!! Have fun!!

~Alexis


1 comment:

  1. Totally LOVE those little penguin cards and so glad you're playing with us over at CCAYR! And awesome colours in that stamped image too! Cute design! You can feel free to send that to me! ;o)

    ReplyDelete