Sunday, February 14, 2010

For a Very Brave Little Girl!!

So, yesterday I was cruising through all of the fabulous blogs I love to follow and came across a fabulous artisit. His name is Justin Pike. Totally cute images!! Of course, they are adorable and caught my eye, but what really caught my attention was one of his current posts. He was contacted by a friend who asked him to honour a special little girl. The request was simple : can you please send this special little girl some love. She is 10yrs old and is battling Leukemia . Here is a little piece of the email :

On Friday, December 11th, 2009 my friends daughter Delia was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She is 10 yrs old and is currently being treated at the Denver Children's Hospital.
She loves art, photography and really loves owls. I was hoping that there would be some wonderful women or men out there that would love to send her a card of encouragement. I thought it would bring a smile to Delia's face to be inundated with cards as a special Valentines Day gift from people around the world. Please find it in your heart to bring hope and love to this beautiful spirited girl. Any card will do..but if you have an owl that would be a bonus. Please pass this information around so we can thrill a little girl in her time of hardship!

She is on her second round of chemo and its been a struggle for her, although she is doing better today.
An address for her mail is here.
Att: Delia Cadwallader
2048 Sandhurst Dr.
Castle Rock, CO 80104

So naturally my heart went out to this little girl and I knew I wanted to do something for her. I absolutley adore owls and I knew it would take much to put together something special!!
 This is what I will be sending to her :
A CARD
A NOTEBOOK
THE PACKAGE
It doesn't take much to make someone feel special. Please open your hearts and do something nice for someone today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment